THE PEOPLE SIDE OF TRUCKING
- Location - Region: Midwest
- Market Segment: Trucking
- Type of Freight: General/Dry - Regional Runs
Our trucking partner is a regional carrier hauling dry freight. They had been working with a PEO for the last several years, but were not seeing the results they needed in recruiting and HR. Having trucks without drivers, the company knew something needed to change.
With less than fifty employees total, the trucking company was limited in HR capacity and the resources needed to find and negotiate competitive health care plans for their team. This company values being a family owned and operated business and needed a boost in HR efforts to keep the company growing while maintaining their core family values and principles.
TeamOne Logistics worked with the trucking partner to develop a customized plan to meet their human resources needs of recruiting, hiring, training, worker’s compensation, liability coverage, employee retention, payroll, benefits management, and more.
TeamOne Logistics deployed its Platform of Resources to recruit, hire and train 15 new drivers to the team, as well as provide processes to help streamline hiring on the partner’s side.
- Our partner saved 44% in healthcare costs because they were now counted as part of a larger healthcare pool of people. With a PEO, our partner could only obtain healthcare based on their number of employees, not the total number of employees system-wide.
- Higher quality healthcare plans at a lower cost serve as a recruiting and retention tool for drivers.
- New hires recruited and onboarded by TeamOne Logistics allowed our partner to get back to operations and focus on growth.
- Turnover decreased by 30% with new HR processes in place and the dedicated human resources team at TeamOne Logistics.
- Our partner realized an additional $4MM in new revenues with trucks no longer idle.