Rick Blasgen - Former President and CEO of CSCMP
In this episode of the Freight Insider, Page Siplon speaks with Rick Blasgen, former President and CEO of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP). Rick shares how his experiences in distribution and logistics led him to his work for the betterment of the industry and the careers of its professionals.
Starting his career with Nabisco, Rick worked his way to vice president of supply chain and continued working in supply chain and logistics for Kraft and ConAgra Foods. Rick’s expertise in furthering supply chain management programs and initiatives led him to become president and chief executive officer of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), where he retired last year. Rick was designated by the US Department of Commerce to serve as the Chair of the Advisory Committee on Supply Chain Competitiveness (ACSCC) to provide counsel on issues that affect the supply chain sector. Rick currently serves on this committee and continues to offer solutions to industry concerns.
Rick shares his journey in freight and supply chain and the challenges facing the industry today:
- How to attract younger people to the industry as a destination career
- Methods to embrace technology to strengthen efficiencies
- The role the CSCMP serves in advancing logistics and supply chain and the careers of the professionals in this industry
- How the ACSCC serves to improve the supply chain competitiveness of the U.S. on the global stage
Connect with Rick:
Connect with CSCMP:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cscmp/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CSCMPorg/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cscmp
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cscmporg/
- Website: https://cscmp.org/
More on ACSCC: