René Diaz - The Diaz Group
In this episode of the Freight Insider, Page Siplon speaks with René Diaz, the President & CEO of The Diaz Group LLC. René shares how his mentors and role models shaped him into the business leader he is today and the importance of giving back to the community.
René Diaz has over 40 years of experience running the Diaz Group, LLC, as its President and CEO. The Diaz Group, LLC is the management company for Diaz Foods, Diaz Produce, Tortillas de Casa Manufacturing Co., EDUA Holdings, La Cena Fine Foods NJ and International Imports, whose total combined revenues exceed $200M. He serves on several corporate boards including Ryder Systems Customer Advisory Board and Young Harris College, as well as community boards such as the Atlanta Metro Chamber of Commerce, Emory University Center for Ethics, and the Georgia State University Robinson College Board.
René relates how his journey is influenced by freight and overcoming the supply chain challenges his businesses face today, including:
- Driver and labor shortages, and the importance of retention
- The number one enemy of freight and how to manage it
- Keeping customer service levels strong during supply chain challenges
- Equipment challenges and the key to keeping your trucks running
- Encouraging younger generations to pursue trucking and logistics as careers by changing the perception of professional driving
Connect with René and The Diaz Group:
- Diaz Foods: https://www.diazfoods.com/
- La Cena Fine Foods: https://www.lacenafinefoods.com/
- Tortillas De Casa: http://www.tortillasdecasa.com/